In accordance with the Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government World Wide Websites issued by the Australian Privacy Commissioner, Old Parliament House provides the following statement on privacy.
Any details that you provide will only be used for the purpose for which they have been provided. We will not use your personal details for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent. Our service provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the user’s server address;
- the user’s top level domain name;
- the date, time and duration of the visit to the site;
- the pages accessed;
- the previous site visited; and
- the type of browser and operating system used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs.