Comprised of more than 7,700 images on glass plate negatives, the Mildenhall Collection of photographs document most aspects of the foundation era–the1920s to the 1930s–in Canberra’s history as the new capital city of Australia. Both as historical documents and as works of art, the Mildenhall photographs held by the National Archives of Australia, and a smaller collection held by the National Library of Australia, are of great significance to Australia.
Content starts here
Loading photographsView all
Wooden building with rose garden in front. Built in 1923 near old Acton Hospital . Was Masonic Lodge from 1926. Was moved to Russell Hill and used as Primary school